The San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, Southern California's most anticipated luxury wine and epicurean classic, returns November 20-24, 2013 for a five-day feast of the senses. With over 30 events throughout the week, the 10th Annual San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival is a unique opportunity to share in the love of all things culinary with Southern California's collection of foodies, wine connoisseurs, consumers, bloggers, and media. From wine tasting seminars and cooking classes by James Beard award-winning chefs, to elegant reserve wine events and tastemakers dinners, the Festival's sponsorship and exhibitor options are endless for your brands. We would like to personally invite you to join us at this year's Festival and hope to see you in November.
Click on the following links to get involved:
Winery/Brewery/Spirit Registration Form 2013
Restaurant Registration Form 2013
Specialty/Gourmet Foods Registration Form 2013
Exhibitor (non-sampling) Registration Form 2013
Culinary Related Products/Services/Art Qualification applies
Fit Foodie Finisher's Village Registration Form 2013
The San Diego Classics: Fish Tacos & IPAs Registration Form 2013
SWISH Restaurant Registration Form 2013
SWISH Winery/Brewery/Spirit Registration Form 2013
Additional Promotional Opportunities Coming Soon!
Chef of the Fest Culinary Competition
The San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival is a destination event attracting high-profile members of the wine and culinary trade as well as affluent consumers throughout the event’s five days. In addition to increasing your company’s profile among this key demographic, a sponsorship with the Festival will also allow your company to:
• Gain cachet by affiliating your brand with a high-end consumer event targeting affluent wine and food enthusiasts
• Broaden the market’s awareness of your products and services
• Reinforce loyalty with current consumer relationships
• Find new, quality customers
• Gain media exposure among food, wine and lifestyle media
• Facilitate a market assessment of your product by sampling
• According to the Cone/Rober Report consumers are more likely to switch to a sponsor’s brand that supports a local event or cause
With so many events and sponsorships available at the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival your marketing opportunities are endless. We look forward to building a custom sponsorship for you to help meet your needs.
Click on the link below to learn more about Festival Sponsorship:
2013 San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival Sponsorship Opportunities
Put the spotlight on your brand at this year's Festival with these attention grabbing promotional opportunities in the Limited Edition Festival Magazine, Amuse Bouche. Don't miss out on your chance to capture over 55,500 key influencers including wine and food enthusiasts, hundreds of chefs and wine buyers, winemakers, retailers, and media!
The 2013 Festival Magazine is the official guide to the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival and is mailed as well as distributed to over 70 restaurants throughout San Diego five weeks prior to the Festival. A flip version of the magazine will be available online, emailed to over 20,000 luxury consumers during the month of October and November, and shared socially across Facebook and Twitter. As a Festival participant, your listing is FREE, just fill out the directory information box on your exhibit space contract to guarantee your space. You may also upgrade your listing by adding a company or brand logo.
Want to really stand out? Advertising in the directory is affordable with ad options ranging from 1⁄4 to Two-Page Spreads.
Click on the link to advertise in the 2013 Festival Magazine:
2013 Amuse Bouche Ad Insertion Kit
Event Statistics & Audience Demographics
• Just over 5,000 people attended the Grand Tasting Event on Saturday, November 19
• The Reserve & New Release Tasting sold out to 1,000 attendees on Friday, November 18
• The VIP Party, WineRave, Industry Insiders Party, Cooking and Wine Tasting Classes, and Celebrity Chef Luncheon attracted just over 3,000 attendees
• The entire week's Festival drew over 9,000 affluent wine and food aficionados into San Diego
• Over 170 wineries from wine growing regions around the world take part in the event
• Over 800 different types of wines are poured at the Reserve Tasting and Grand Tasting Events
• 60 of San Diego's top restaurants and celebrated chefs along with Gourmet Food companies took part in the Grand Event
• Celebrities such as Chef Bradley Ogden, Chef Gale Gand, Chef Celestino Drago, Chef Bernard Guillas, Chef Suzette Gresham, Cooking Light Magazine's Chef Billy Strynkowski, Sam The Cooking Guy, Master Sommelier Joseph Spellman, Food Network's The Hearty Boys, Chef Daniel Joly, Cathlyn Choi, Top Chef contestants Kenny Gilbert, Brian Malarkey, and Eli Kirshtein, and many others are flown in to lead a line-up of exciting and informative cooking and wine demonstrations
• Major U.S. Brands used this year's Festival to expand their Southern California market reach, including Alaska Seafood, Alexia, Celebrity Cruises, Coach America, Cooking Light Magazine, Infiniti, Acqua Panna and San Pellegrino, Southwest Airlines, True Professional Series, and Stella Artois.
Attracting over 9,000 wine and food enthusiasts and industry tastemakers at this five-day event, the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival appeals to an affluent consumer of wines and luxury lifestyle goods and services:
• Attendee median age: 30-50 years
• 64.5% are females
• 60.1% of attendees have an annual household income of over $100,000
• Is seeking financial goods and services such as mortgages, life insurance, and investment advice
• Consider themselves connoisseurs of fine wine and food
• Dines out five to seven times per month at a fine dining establishment
• Purchases an average of two to three cases of wine per month
• Frequently cooks and entertains at home for large dinner parties
• Over 30% stay in a San Diego hotel during the week of the Festival
• 30.4% of attendees are from outside of San Diego County
Chef of the Fest Competition & People's Choice Award
Celebrated as one of the largest culinary showdowns in Southern California the "Chef of the Fest" competition at the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival challenges seasoned and up-and-coming chefs in the San Diego culinary scene to prove their skills in the kitchen and at the Festival's Grand Tasting. The competition puts a national spotlight on San Diego as a growing culinary hotspot and highlights local participating superstars. The "Chef of the Fest" competition challenges each chef to create a unique dish for a panel of judges from the American Culinary Federation and celebrity chef guest judges in hopes of winning the coveted title of "Chef of the Fest" and the Festival's Grand Prize—upwards of $50,000 in cash and prizes as well as osme serious bragging rights! The "Chef of the Fest" competition takes place on Saturday, November 23 during the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival's Grand Tasting on the Embarcadero Marina Park North.
Click on the following link to become a Chef of the Fest contender:
Chef of the Fest Registration Form
Chef of the Fest Rules & Regulations
San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival attendees will have the opportunity to judge this year's Chef of the Fest Competition. The Sevond Annual People's Choice Award will allow attendees to vote for their favorite restaurant during the Grand Tasting Event on Saturday, November 23. Each restaurant will be assigned a unique voting code that attendees will enter via text on a cell phone to vote. The poll will be broadcast live, and the People's Choice Award winner will be announced at 2:45 PM.
Prize: The winner of the People's Choice Award will receive an engraved platter and two round-trip tickets via Southwest Airlines.
Rules: The winner will be determined by the restaurant with the most votes. Only one vote per person. The People's Choice Award is only open to restaurants participating in the Chef of the Fest Competition. Restaurants cannot vote for themselves. Restaurants that vote for themselves will result in an immediate disqualification from the competition.
This year, we're excited to announce that we have partnered with the fifth annual Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition, scheduled for the weekend of September 28 & 29, 2013. All wineries participating in the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival will have an opportunity to enter this unique wine competition that draws upon the expertise of Certified Sommeliers from across the United States. Winning wines will be featured at The Vault: Reserve Wine Experience on Friday, November 22, 2013 in an exclusive tasting room.
For additional information on award categories, judging, and entry instructions and fees, please visit www.sommelierchallenge.com.
Click Here to Register Online for the Sommelier Challenge
Exhibitor Logistics & Downloads
Thank you for joining us for the 2013 San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival! We look forward to having you join us for the event this November.
In an effort to make sure the event runs smoothly for all exhibitors, please take a moment to read through important exhibitor information below and download all forms that pertain to your brand.
Set Up Details / Guide to Participating in the Festival:
Please download and carefully read through all Set Up Details / Guide to Participating in the Festival. It contains detailed information about the various events throughout the week, as well as set up instuctions and logistic information, parking and load-in instructions, event dates and times, and additional opportunities.
Extra Exhibitor Badge Order Form
2013 Winery / Brewery / Spirit Set Up Instructions
2013 Restaurant & Specialty Food Set Up Instructions
2013 Non-Sampling Exhibitor Set Up Instructions
Marriott Marquis & Marina Shipping Form
Exhibitor Marketing Materials
If you would have further questions, please email our Exhibit Coordinator, Caitlin Purkey at email@example.com.
619-312-1212 ext. 106